Keys to reducing weeds
- Identify first. Many difficult weeds require special actions or herbicide (weed killer). Some actions could make the situation worse.
- Cover bare soil with desirable plants or 3 inches of mulch.
- For lawns, apply water, fertilizer, and seed to maintain lush grass.
- Don’t just buy “Weed Killer” and start spraying. Different products work on different weeds; some won’t kill a particular weed at all.
- Prevent weeds from going to seed.
- Take action on aggressive and invasive weeds that harm natural areas and take over neglected areas.